P1PK, Globoside, and FORS Blood Group Systems
Program Date: 3 August 2023
Publication Date: 14 September 2023
Continuing Education Units: Hours: 0.5
Lecture Description:In this lecture, Dr Anani will focus on P1PK versus Globoside blood groups and will discuss the biosynthetic pathways for P1Pk and the serology of P1PK antigens and antibodies. He will conclude with a review of how NOR, FORS, and LKE are formed.
• List the antigens in the P1PK vs Globoside blood groups.
• Understand the biosynthetic pathways of P1PK.
• Describe the serology of P1PK antigens and antibodies.
• Understand how NOR, FORS, and LKE are generated.
• Describe the clinical significance of antibodies to these antigens.
- Run Time: 30
Lecture Instructor Bio(s)
Waseem Anani, MD
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Dr Waseem Anani is the Medical Director of ARUP Laboratories in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and Associate Professor at the University of Utah. He is a Clinical Pathologist with subspecialty training in Transfusion Medicine. His area of interest and research is red cell immunohematology and genomics.
attended a lecture?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS