Blood Group Overview: ABO
Program Date: 13 July 2023
Publication Date: 13 July 2023
Continuing Education Units: Hours: 0.5
Lecture Description:In this lecture, Dr Anani will introduce the ABO antigens on red blood cells by discussing the genetics, structural differences, and major subtypes. He also will discuss the serology and clinical significance of the ABO blood groups.
• Match ABO antigens with naturally occurring ABO antibodies
• Review the structural difference between ABO antigens
• List the major ABO subtypes
• Describe the serology associated with ABO blood groups
• List the diseases associated with ABO blood groups
- Run Time: 33
Lecture Instructor Bio(s)
Waseem Anani, MD
Canadian Blood Services
Dr Waseem Anani is the Medical Director of ARUP Laboratories in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and Associate Professor at the University of Utah. He is a Clinical Pathologist with subspecialty training in Transfusion Medicine. His area of interest and research is red cell immunohematology and genomics.
attended a lecture?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS